XPRIZE Responds to COVID-19 by Uniting a Global Alliance of Innovators to Find Unconventional Solutions to Pandemic ThreatsMarch 31, 2020
Message from Executive Director Melinda MarbleApril 1, 2020
April 2, 2020
BOSTON – The Patrick J. McGovern has committed $8.6 million to support health system and solidarity responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. More than $3 million has been awarded to date and the first round includes:
- Ariadne Labs at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Harvard School of Public Health to provide evidence-based COVID19 protocols for ambulatory health care services; hospital practices—including infection control and capacity management; lower- and middle-income health system preparedness and response; and, community mitigation and social distancing.
- Northeastern University’s Network Science Institute for real-time data-based modeling and analysis of the disease trajectory to inform world health officials and advise governors across the U.S.
- Dimagi for a complete mobile application and visualization solution tool for community-based surveillance and contact tracing for Covid-19.
- Strike Labs to gather real-time data from U.S. hospitals on infection counts, PPE supplies and ventilator availability, create a database and make it available to responsible parties.
- Praekelt to support HealthAlert, a mobile application which disseminates geographically customized, timely and updated information on COVID-19 via What’s App